CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 5, 2007

Note cards

One of my dear friends back home got engaged two weeks ago (exactly, today). In her giddiness she commented to me that she wanted to get some stationery. I filed that information away and set out to find her some as an engagement gift. I searched several paperies and such online, but nothing seemed "just right."

Then I realized, "What am I doing?? I can MAKE her some stationery!!" Thus began my little experiment in note card design. I went through several font considerations and narrowed them down to 4 I really liked for her name. Then I hearkened back to my own wedding planning days and whipped up a couple monograms for her in Photoshop.

I printed 4 cards for each font and each monogram. Then I chose four stamps to decorate each set of cards. They are all SU! stamps, and I used SU! Old Olive ink. I ended up with one bouquet stamp, one short vase, one tall vase, and one wedding cake. :)

I don't want to plaster her full name on the net, so here are just some of the monogram cards. Below that is the monogram I designed for myself, because it was all too easy and fun to create the cards, and who doesn't love personalized stationery? :)




2 comments:

Deborah said...

I think they all are really special! I love the first one as far as the font, it is awesome! Love the Old Olive ink too on the stamped images. Deb

Foofie said...

So I was purusing my sister's blog and I noticed you commented on hers. So I thought, "oh I should check out Becca's blog, as I haven't in a while!" and what a sweet surprise.

did I tell you how much I like them?!? you are so thoughtful and sweet. thank you again!!

see you soon!!