CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finishing Touches

Again, Lakey..... please don't read. :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I found some velcro amongst my sewing notions (organizing the craft part of the guest room was totally worth it! Maybe that's why I didn't buy the velcro at Joann's... maybe I vaguely remembered that I should have some left over from the last casserole tote I made? Hmmm, regardless, I found some!), so I got to finish the paci clip and dipes & wipes holder after lunch.



Here is the paci clip finished. :) You can use any kind of ribbon, apparently, but fusible webbing is recommended to reinforce satin ribbon. I used grosgrain, which is supposed to be okay by itself. But I wanted to spice it up, so I added some fabric to the top for decoration. It really couldn't be an easier project. I'm very glad to find out just how easy it is!



I added the velcro to the other end, so it can now be looped and attached through a paci handle. It's ready to go!

I also added the velcro, ribbon, and a few diapers to the dipes & wipes holder. :) Hooray!



A tip Joy taught me: You can use heat to seal off the ends of ribbon so they don't fray. I use an aim and flame. Just barely pass the end of the ribbon through the flame, and you'll see it melt a smidge. That seals it up so it won't fray! It's great!


And lastly, I must say I'm very excited I went through my last bag of scraps, because I found some perfect green minky for the soft cube/taggie blanket. Hooray! Those projects might have to wait til after the baby shower, though, because I am teaching this week and we're hosting a pot luck for our Bible study tonight. The great news about teaching this week, other than getting to meet and know my students for next year (they're all incoming 3rd grade magnet students) is that my classroom is AIR CONDITIONED!! You see, our a/c is dying. We were on the books for an overhaul July 15, but our wonderful contractors moved us up to this Thursday! But no more burning up all day around the house... I get to go enjoy the 74 degrees my classroom is locked in at. I can hardly wait! :) And we still have until September for baby Isabella arrives, so I'll have time to make the soft cube/taggie blanket in July or August if I can't finish them this week. :)

P.S. If you haven't read the post below this, check it out for the other baby shower gifts I've been working on for Matt's sister. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - Everything looks wonderful! I love the fabrics you chose! I bet Lakey will love them! Mom

Lindsey said...

all of these are things i have tried and not yet mastered! well except the paci clip.. too cute! want to pass along some patterns for me? :)

thank you for inspiring me daily!!!

Blakely said...

Thanks for the tip on sealing the ribbon.

notes of em said...

these look great, so glad you have the time to sew, I would suggest sewing "ahead" wink, wink....

Becca said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

And Emily, don't think I haven't considered that. On one hand, I know now is when I have the most time, but on the other hand, I don't know if I can convince the hubby to let me store baby things for something that far off.