Asa's lamb did not turn out exactly the way I had it pictured in my head. There is a smidge of a puppy look about it (partly from the nose, but the minky I used on the face was super fluffy and embroidery was just lost in all the fluff--a lesson for next time), but unless I finish all the other projects on my list of dream projects (which seems like a laughable idea with a 15 month old who is in love with his newest trick--walking--as of the past month) and make a version I love TONS better, I'm willing to let its imperfections go. Which is big for me. Really big.
I had to modify a couple of the pattern pieces I drafted. They just did NOT look right overall. And I learned a valuable lesson when I went to turn the lamb in order to stuff it and sew it closed. Stuffed arms and legs do NOT fit well through little lambie necks! Next time, I will leave my opening in the torso instead of the head! Whew! I was afraid I would pull it to pieces as I tugged and tugged and the seams strained and strained.
I love the verse God gave me for the lamb as well. I searched and searched wanting just the right thing to speak of salvation and God's goodness and comfort. I considered parts of hymns. And then God led me to this:
I am excited to try a scripture animal again. I don't know if my next one will be a lamb or something else, but I just love these scripture dolls--whatever form they materialize in. :)
|I love the tail!|