CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tango with Technology

I'm not SURE this counts as crafty (?), but I would say it falls under the category of "creativity" at least.

My class is creating comic strips using the program Comic Life on the Macbooks (I'm participating in a grant that gave our school 11 Macbooks! One teacher from each grade level is part of the grant, and my students are doing amazing things with them). They researched an animal in tech lab, and now they are taking that info to make a comic about their animal (working in pairs). I gave them specific guidelines and we went over a self-assessment rubric they will be completing, though the guidelines also allowed room for choice and definitely for creativity (I seek to support their autonomy and provide as many creative outlets as possible). I made a sample to post on my class blog for the parents to see while they wait for their children to finish (so I can post theirs). I had too much fun. I thought you might enjoy seeing it. :) I chose penguins because we JUST finished Mr. Popper's Penguins today (which they LOVED).

Click on the picture to enlarge it and read all the little captions and comments!
I noticed a typo... Oops. I had a fever when I made it... does that count for anything? :)

1 comments:

Becca said...

Oops, Matt pointed out to me that there is a typo in the comic. I had a fever that day... so, please excuse my little mistake. :)