CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Soo excited!!

Matt came home tonight and gave me an early Valentine's Day present! Back before Thanksgiving, I saw this fabric and instantly loved it.



I wanted to wait til I had a coupon in hand, however. Then ALL of JoAnn's snuggle fabrics were either 99 cents or $1.99/yd on Black Friday. You can imagine how many patterns they sold out of.... including my little owls. I searched high and low, and even on eBay, but I couldn't find *any* at JoAnn's and no one one eBay had more than a yard (I want to make pajama pants and 1 yd. is not enough).

We have 2 JoAnn's in town (no A.C. Moore or Hobby Lobby, but 2 JoAnn's.....), and Matt visited the one that's not right down the street from us tonight when he was out Valentine's shopping. Yup, you guessed it! Though I'd checked there before, HE FOUND IT!!! He said he was SO excited and told the employees, "My wife has been looking ALL OVER for this!" Blessing #2--they gave all 4+ yards left on the bolt to him for remnant price!! He paid $3 and change for 4 yards of my highly sought-after flannel!! I am beside myself with excitement!!

Plus, I have my own little surprise up my sleeve for Mr. Fabric Finder himself, and for a friend. This has been a VERY fun afternoon. :)

I'll let you know how my pajama pants turn out! I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Yippee! I can stop looking for it!!! Tell Matt that I am so excited that he found it! I have been looking for it all over the internet and every time that I go to Joanns (it was really killing me to constantly be going to that store :) )...no luck of course! I am SO excited for you! I am really excited to see what you make from it as well especially the jammies!

I found some really cute Snuggle flannel with fish (sharks, whales and bubbles (as Charis pointed out))on it that I am going to use to make the kiddos jammies for the beach! ;) Well at least that is my hope!

What a fun Valentines Day early treat! Things are looking pretty good for the actual day huh! ;)

Lindsey said...

thank you for your sweet comment.. and I am also a follower of your blog as well. you are definitely WAY more crafty than I though ha! I hope to make my baby blanket soon :)

Deborah said...

Adorable fabric! Those will be so cute and cozy! Deb